26.3.08

Goodbye Wedding Dress


So, I'm selling my wedding dress. Is that horrible? I think I'm supposed to hang on to it forever and pass it on for all generations of time, but I'm honestly not that attached to it. (I actually wanted to rent a dress, but couldn't find anything). It was definitely a love/hate relationship with my dress. It was the absolute perfect dress that I had wanted...but the first thing that comes to mind is sucking in my stomache and being worried about whether or not it would fit on my wedding day. Maybe I'm just selling it out of defiance.

Anyway, have any of you sold your wedding dress? Any tips on where to post an ad or are there little shops that buy wedding dresses? I posted it on KSL.com, but that's the extent of my efforts. Any suggestions....or am I the only future mom that won't have a wedding dress for my daughters to try on?

9 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I rented mine. I sometimes think that it would be great to have it...but then of course it is followed by what do you do with it? I am not much help, sorry. I loved you dress by the way!

Kristen M said...

maybe try craigslist.com? it's free to list things. you can attach pictures too. we've had good experiences with it so far. i found my piano through craigslist, and we sold our entertainment center through it too - among other little things.

The Pixton Family said...

It's a pain to store but my girls are so excited to try mine on. My wonderful mom has been storing it for 18 and a half years!

JethRobyn said...

I tried to sell mine before we went to New Zealand for some extra spending money, but it didn't sell. We had it on ebay, I think it was the wrong season for mine. In a way though I almost was glad it didn't sell..it kind of is sentimental I guess. I would try craig's list as well, or KSL. Good luck!

Jane Huddleston said...

LAURA,

CALL MY SISTER. SHE IS LOOKING FOR A WEDDING DRESS RIGHT NOW AND YOU BOTH HAVE SIMILAR BODY-TYPES. 225.614.6338. I THINK SHE WOULD PROBABLY LIKE TO GIVE IT A SHOT!

Love ya.

Karen said...

My mom sold mine a couple weeks after my wedding. It was hard to do because I loved my dress, but I had always thought I'd rent mine anyway too because my sister rented hers.

Karen said...

I love your picture, though! You're beautiful!

Andrew and Haley said...

get this...my mom preserved mine- awkward I know. I think if you take it out of the "preservation box" you have to preserve it again. so...will i ever see my dress again? perhaps not- but i surely will have it just in case! haha. No problem with selling- i hope you get some good money for it! You're dress was gorgeous-- if I hear of anyone looking, i'll send them your way!

clarke fam said...

I know this is crazy, but I think that you and your daughters would love to see it some day. In time it's not worth the money that you would get now for it. Maybe I am just to sentimental, but I wouldn't do it unless your absolutely sure that you won't care some day.