25.10.08

Recipes

TORTELLINI SOUP
1 roll (about 12 oz.) of Jimmy Dean sausage (I use original flavor)
1 onion, diced
5 cups beef broth
1 cup water
1 (28 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
1 cup thinly sliced carrots (I just buy the pre-cut matchstick carrots)
1/4 t. basil
1/4 t. oregano
1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
1 T. parsley
Brown the sausage with the onion. Then transfer to large stock pot. Add the other ingredients and bring to a boil then turn down to low and simmer until the carrots are tender. (This usually takes about 30 min.)
Then add:
2 chopped zucchini
1 (8-12 oz.) bag of tortellini (I use the frozen kind and just let it sit out for 20-30 minutes so it's not quite so frozen when I put it in.)
Then simmer for another 20-30 minutes.

TOMATO SOUP
1.5 - 2 cups of matchstick carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 chopped onion
2 t. tarragon
2 t. thyme
2 t. basil
1 t. garlic salt
1/2 cup water
Bring to a boil, then turn on low when onion and celery and turning clear. (5-10 minutes)
Then pour in:
1/2 cup flour
1 T. chicken granules
1/4 cup sugar
1 (46 oz.) can of tomato juice (not V8, just the straight tomato juice.)
1 (28 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
Let that simmer on med or med-low for about 20 minutes.
Then add:
2 cups of half and half
Stir that in and then you're done!

EASY BREADSTICKS
Dissolve 2 T. yeast and 1-2 T. sugar into 1.5 cups of warm water.
Let that rise for 5 minutes.
Then add:
2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 cups flour
Knead into a smooth ball. (You may need to sprinkle a little more flour). Let rise for 15 minutes. Then roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into strips.
Melt 3-4 T. butter or marg. in a jellyroll pan. Dip breadstick strips into melted butter on both sides and then fit them all onto the jellyroll pan. I like to add parmesan cheese, garlic salt, parsley, etc. on top of them.
Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Can't wait to try these out!

The Bennetts said...

Thanks for sharing! They look great!

Merrick said...

I'm definitely trying that tortellini soup. It looks so good!

By the way, I was over in the HFAC on friday night and saw your show! It look fabulous! Congratulations on finishing that up :)

parker rox alot said...

Thanks for the recipesI can't wait to try them. (Post photos of your art show!)

Jessica F. said...

YUMMY! THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new recipes!

Diana Hulme said...

Thanks...can't wait to try them all. :)

Becky said...

Hey, I tried the tomato soup. LOVED it!