Last week was the annual Clarke Family Reunion at Six Lakes. We get together monthly for study group, but it's always a treat to spend more time together. I had a blast! A few highlights from the week include:-Early scripture studies with Grandpa Clarke
-Three delicious group meals a day, and lots of yummy snacks in between. (I think I gained 15 pounds from all the good food, but maybe I'll just say they're pregnancy pounds!)
-Canooing on the lake
-Seeing all the toads, lizards, crawdads, and snakes caught by the boys
-The powerful testimony meeting
-The family dance party, limbo, and high jump competition!!!
-All the great conversations with cousins/aunts/uncles of all ages
-The Altamont 5k for "Longhorn Days"
This was the first time in 4 years that I have been able to be part of the whole reunion, so I was so glad to be there. I can't wait til next year, and hopefully Josh will be in attendance!!!
A bright blue Crawdad. I had heard of albino creatures...but neon!? Chemicals in the lake, or what?
Cute baby Avery showing off her onesie version of the Clarke t-shirt.
The group of us that did the Altamont 5k. A few of the awards we came away with: Logan's 1st place in his age group (with a time of 25 minutes), Talon's first place out of the male walkers (with a time of 45 minutes...awesome!), and Jae's eighth place overall (with a time of 19 minutes and some seconds - the best out of the Clarkes).

Marie cliff-jumping at one of the lakes. Wild child. Takes after her father.
Yay for Clarke Reunions!!!
9 comments:
LOOKS SOOOOO FUN!!! and you can find the delicious fudge bars at Smiths ;)
This looks like it was such a fun trip. :) I wish we lived close & could see you often! I can't believe you did the 5K. I think I would flop over before 1 mile. hehe.
Clarification: My knees didn't allow me to enter the running division. I was definitely a walker in the 5k. A little humbling to come in at 47 minutes!, but still lots of fun.
So cute! I loved the picture of Marie jumping off the cliff. and the Tshirts are GREAT. very cute indeed.
I can't wait to see you either! Less than a month til our re-union! I agree it has been MUCH too long since we've seen eachother. 7 months seems outrageous. Is your tummy starting to show Preggers yet?
That looks like so much fun! That first picture is soooo beautiful! Wow, what a great tradition!
Sounds fun! Reunions are always the best! that first picture is beautiful! I think it is time you post a tummy picture... Hope you are doing wonderful!!
HOW fun! Family reunions are the best! Your family must have awesome get togethers. I'm so glad you enjoyed the invitations, can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Good luck with that baby ;)
How fun! That blue crawdad is so cool!
Laura, are you expecting!?! From the looks of your blog, and what you said, you are! Congratulations! When did you find out?
Post a Comment