Help! My skin has had a rough time this winter. It's much drier than it's ever been and my regular Bath and Body Works lotion just isn't doing the trick. Any suggestions for really good lotions?
Mary Kay face creme moisturizer for extra dry skin....its a decent price and this stuff seriously is AMAZING..seriously I have always had dry skin but not since I have used this.
Most bath and body works lotions smell really good but aren't exactly the most moisturizing stuff. Always check the ingredients on your lotion, if one of the first five ingredients is any kind of mineral oil it's not going to work that great. Mineral oil does not penetrate into the deeper layers of skin so it can't really get in there to hydrate. It merely stays on the surface so that the smell lingers longer. The kind of moisturizer that works the best doesn't always smell the best. Also there is an antibacterial soap out called pure works that is the best! Washing your hands throughout the day can dry out your hands. This unlike other antibacterial hand sanitizers like purell doesn't include high amounts of alcohol which dry out the skin. Instead it moisturizes while it disinfects. You can buy it at the Lion House Pantry, it comes in a foam and a lotion. This one is mainly for you hands though...if you have any other questions let me know.
I loe all the Burt Bees stuff! It is all that keeps my skin from cracking in the winter. Try the cuticle one, the foot balm and the lotion! (By the way, I saw some on clearance at Target!!)
I got some ShopKo generic brand rub ointment the other week at a deep discount. I've been using it a lot, but I'd be happy to let you use some. Just let me know, buck.
9 comments:
I posted my favorites here ! Hope this helps!
I am terrible at this kind of stuff, I always just by what's on sale. My skin has been drier this year also....the weather has been tough!
Mary Kay face creme moisturizer for extra dry skin....its a decent price and this stuff seriously is AMAZING..seriously I have always had dry skin but not since I have used this.
Most bath and body works lotions smell really good but aren't exactly the most moisturizing stuff. Always check the ingredients on your lotion, if one of the first five ingredients is any kind of mineral oil it's not going to work that great. Mineral oil does not penetrate into the deeper layers of skin so it can't really get in there to hydrate. It merely stays on the surface so that the smell lingers longer. The kind of moisturizer that works the best doesn't always smell the best. Also there is an antibacterial soap out called pure works that is the best! Washing your hands throughout the day can dry out your hands. This unlike other antibacterial hand sanitizers like purell doesn't include high amounts of alcohol which dry out the skin. Instead it moisturizes while it disinfects. You can buy it at the Lion House Pantry, it comes in a foam and a lotion. This one is mainly for you hands though...if you have any other questions let me know.
I loe all the Burt Bees stuff! It is all that keeps my skin from cracking in the winter. Try the cuticle one, the foot balm and the lotion! (By the way, I saw some on clearance at Target!!)
You guys are awesome! Thanks for all your suggestions! They were so helpful and I can't waait to try them out.
Just rub butter all over your face...total moisture :)! I really don't need to give you advice, you have lots of good advice, I just wanted to say hi!
I got some ShopKo generic brand rub ointment the other week at a deep discount. I've been using it a lot, but I'd be happy to let you use some. Just let me know, buck.
10W-30 always works for me.
Post a Comment