28.11.07

Painting Away

This semester I've been doing so much painting. I've loved it. I am doing a series of paintings on the Great Salt Lake. I've been intrigued by the contour line of the lake's perimeter and how it is constantly rising and retreating. The paintings are meant to reference that concept. I've done 30 of them and am nearly done with the series. It's been a lot of fun to paint again. The whole summer was consumed with wedding plans, and I never even picked up a paint brush. It's wonderful to get back into it. Here are a few of the paintings:

7 comments:

The Pixton Family said...

Those are great Laura! I wish I had some artistic talent.

Diana Hulme said...

once again, amazing me with her wonderful talents...

Jessica F. said...

I am glad you posted some of your art...I have never seen any of your paintings...you rock!

Hema and Becky said...

Wow Laura! Those are cool! I wish I had some artistic talent. The only painting that goes on at our house is when I paint and repaint the walls becuase I can't settle on a color!

Diana Hulme said...

Thanks for asking...Thanksgiving was wonderful! (I finally posted about it). I'm glad you had a nice time, too. I'm feeling really comfortable with Dan's family...no more of those "Meet the Parents" worries! :) hehe.

JethRobyn said...

Laura, these are awesome. You are an amazing painter, is Joe your teacher? Do you want to know something sad, I haven't painted since New Zealand! I think i was a little to wrapped up in baby. I wouldn't know what to do if I had a paintbrush.

Kristen M said...

COUSIN! I'm so excited to have found your blog. Brandon just told me today that they have one, so I found yours through theirs. You are truly so talented. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. - kristen