As Thanksgiving approaches, I've been thinking of where I was last year: Across the ocean in New Zealand. I remember really missing my family at this time - espcially as I got the many emails being passed around from my extended family about the details of the Thanksgiving meal. It became quite comical. I heard all the deatils about who was bringing the mashed potatoes, the pumkpin pie, and other delicious dishes, even though I wouldn't be there for it. They were just rubbing it in! My mouth would just water as I read the emails. I shared my holiday meal with Jane. With no hope of a traditional meal, we opted for Pizza Hut. I'm grateful I'll be home this Thanksgiving and to be spending it with the Hawkins!
12 years ago
7 comments:
I spent a Thanksgiving in Brasil eating at Pizza Hut. It was a nice change from the beans and rice. I guess pizza just reminds people of home?!?!? At least you had that gorgeous scenery to keep you happy! We are sure glad you didn't marry a husky polynesian over there. I'm not sure what Josh would do without you! We love you!
I can totally relate to being away from home for Thanksgiving. There is nothing better than being with family...good thing I've got Sterling! We are getting together with friends, it should be a total blast!
My worst Thanksgiving was 2 days after Porter was born. I was stuck in the hospital with gross hospital food (NO mashed potoatoes or pumpkin pie!?)and the only thing on TV were a dog shows! This year were going to Bakersfield.
i love pizza.
Oh come on Laura, you had pumpkin pie! It might have been horrible..and looked nothing like it, but it was pumpkin nonetheless. Yeah, I could see why it was forgotten...it was pretty bad, and a few days after thanksgiving:). My Thanksgiving memory was with Jane too! We walked down to a bakery in whakatane during lunch, and bought chicken pot pies, and those yummy delicious fresh apple pear juice drinks..sooo good.
That is SUCH a good memory! Oh I seriously miss you so much Laura. I wish we were next-door-neighbors. Are you guys always going to live in Utah?
That is SUCH a good memory! Oh I seriously miss you so much Laura. I wish we were next-door-neighbors. Are you guys always going to live in Utah?
Post a Comment