7.11.07

Home Cookin'

Things started out rough as I learned how to cook! Josh was very patient as found out time and time again just how hot our oven is. Now we can look back and laugh at these stressful moments in the kitchen. After much practice, things have improved:








Sunday
Roasts:

So simple,
So good!







Pizza: A big hit with Josh! An even bigger hit when we made a few alterations: wheat pizza dough, ham, pineapple and mushrooms!













Sunday Dinner with Marie and Jae: lemon pepper chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, squash, and green beans.






Last night's new recipe, Chicken Fettucine Cacciatore: Yum. Honestly, I don't even know what "Cacciatore" means, but I'm guessing it's defined as 'really yummy pasta'. Chicken, pasta, diced tomatoes, brocoli, green pepper, onion, garlic, a little seasoning, and Voila!




4 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

Wow Laura! That food looks so yummy and pretty! Feel free to have us over for dinner sometime!!

Jessica F. said...

I am so impressed! I love trying new recipes and there is nothing more fun then cooking for my adorable husband. Being a wife is the best thing ever!!!!
Go Laura!!!

The Pixton Family said...

Oh ,the joys of first cooking for two! We have lots of funny memories as well. You look like a pro now- way to go!

Diana Hulme said...

Ok. I need the pasta recipe. And I have had many similar experiences with cooking, don't worry. :) But seriously, can you email me the recipe?