5.11.08

Any Advice?


Josh and I are wanting to buy a video camcorder before the baby arrives. Do any of you have suggestions? I've been looking online, but there are soo many options. Do any of you use digital camcorders or have you just stuck with the regular kind with little tapes? I'm only used to the kind with tapes, but maybe digital is the way to go???

6 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

We bought a camcorder to use for Ethan and to be honest, we didnt use it near as much as we did our camera video. We bought a really nice Cannon 12mp camera and the video is super good quality! I use it all the time now and hardly use the other. Its convenient to have both the camera and the video in one object! You can buy an 8GB memory card so it will take awhile to fill it up and also Cannon's have their own battery to recharge so you dont go through a million batteries. We have been VERY happy with this buy. Altogether, your lookin at under $400 with our decision! Good luck!

Jae said...

Couldn't you just paint all of the things little Scamper does? Seems like you could easily capture the big moments (Christmas morning, first step, etc.) that way.

Unknown said...

My suggestion...get a good camera that records video. I think for us, we wouldn't have used the video camera very much because it would just be one more thing to haul around. But when we got our camera, I made sure it did video so that I could record those special moments. The best news, most computers come with easy movie making software so you can put all the clips together and make a video. But if a camcorder is what you want, definitely go digital or you'll just be stuck with tapes that can't get you anywhere.

Jamie said...

We bought a video camera before we had Brock - we got it from Costco. I liked having a seperate video camera from our camera - I don't know why - I just did. WE decided to go digital and get one that recorded straight onto a dvd - I felt like tape ones were either already outdated or VERY soon to be.

Karen said...

We want one too. Let us know what the advice turns out to be!

Nate and Julie said...

We got a digital cam corder last Christmas and we love it. It's simple to use and editing is super easy too!