This is a long story, but it has a happy ending, so it's worth it: I spent the summer of 2005 in London on a BYU study abroad, and it was an amazing experience -- particularly for my taste buds. (Notice the beautiful freshly baked breads at the Borough Market above). For some reason I just went for it and ate all the English delicacies that I could find. I'm still not sure what happened to my self-control while I was there. Here are just a few of the pictures of me and the food.
The first, of many, trips to an Indian restaurant near the BYU London Center.
We are just about to dig into our dessert... following an already large-enough and fattening-enough meal of steak and ale pie.
Seriously, why didn't someone stop me!?
Just hanging out with my Professor's son....oh yeah, and a table covered in English candy, cookies, and sweets!Needless to say, I came home much rounder. And I had to buy several new pairs of pants and tops to accomodate my new girth. Buying new clothes because of a weight gain is never a fun thing. However, I eventually lost the London weight and was able to box up those roomier clothes. The good news of this story is that those London clothes have been put to good use again...as maternity clothes! Josh will say "Oh, did you get some new maternity pants?" and I'll say "Oh no, these are just London pants." At least now I have an excuse to fit into them! I guess some nightmares do have happy endings.
8 comments:
Laura, I was reading your post and trying to remember when my sister-in-law (Brett's sister) was in London to see if you were there with her. My question was answered when I saw Diana in your third picture down. How funny! It sounded like such a fun experience.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is classic!!! I love it! Little did you know you were investing in maternity clothes!!! hahahaha...i bet your "big" size is normal size for everyone else, though! :)
You are so funny. I saw you after London and you did not need to buy "new" pants, but welcome to the world of the ever changing body. pregnancy, postpartum, nursing, and then getting the weight off to start all over again. Fun hugh!!
That's exactly what I was going to say--You are So funny!! Glad to hear that you can put those clothes to use!
Laura, my sister-in-law informed me last night I was on your blog, so I had to check it out. In case you forgot, I'm in the one in the green in the third picture down. It was fun to see your blog and remember our London days. I remember my London clothes, too. It happened to all of us, I think. But it was totally worth it! That's a great idea to use them when you're pregnant! I'll have to keep that in mind.
I doubt it was as bad as you think. I do however know how you feel...wait till you grow out of those!!! So fun!
I too had to invest in several pairs of London pants.
That is awesome! Don't worry, you won't wear them forever and you'll be surprised at how different you look everyday after you have that baby! Enjoy eating what you want now too! Also, that's awesome about the blueberry pancakes! I had chocolate chip pancakes almost every morning! Yours are a little healthier I'll admit! But I think I ate my weight in chocolate chip cookies. I was out of control! A great place to get bigger shirts is Nordstrom or Charlotte Russe. They carry a lot of the baggy style shirts that are in style but don't look like dumb maternity! (Some maternity is DARLING but I swear some of it just screams. . . I'M A MOM!)
Post a Comment