17.7.08

Why did I wait so long?


I'm hooked! Josh has been trying to get me to read Harry Potter ever since I've known him, but I didn't think it was my type of book. I'm really into biographies, philosphy books, religious books, or classics -- and I didn't think Harry Potter would do it for me. I was wrong. I finally pulled out book one last week and finished book three last night. Book three has been my favorite so far, but Josh says they just get better! I can't wait to finish.

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

My mom is an elementary school teacher and urged me to start reading them back after number 2 came out. I had the same reaction you did. Besides, I figured my mom liked them because she taught kids. Boy, was I wrong! I love, love, love Harry Potter. I actually think, after reading them all, Book 3 is my all time favorite. The whole plot though just sucks you in and is actually pretty deep. Have fun finishing them. I sometimes wish I could read them all again and not know what's going to happen next.

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay, yay, yay!! Congratulations on starting Harry Potter. Took me awhile also. But I have read and re-read them so many times. Good luck with the next four--you won't be able to put them down!

carly said...

Congrats! your life will never be the same! It is funny you posted about this, you are my second blogger friend in the last couple days to post that they just started the books. I love them! Hope you are doing wonderful!!

Meg and Abe said...

That is so funny! I am listening to book 6 on cd right this minute! If you like reading them you would love listening to them. The man who reads them is so entertaining and he does all of the voices really well. They are my favorite. I take them in the car and I have them playing while I clean the house and stuff. They do get better and better.

Jessica F. said...

It does seem appropriate that you should love Harry Potter! You did get married on the day that the 7th book came out. That is a tie that binds!!!

I love it! I am so happy that you still have four more to read because they are all so fun!

McKenzie said...

Laura, your blog is darling! I'm not sure that I knew you had gotten married, but congratulations! You two are so cute together, and I'm sure you're excited to be in California with your husband! I know that I hate leaving mine when I go to work for the whole day! Oh, and on the Harry Potter note... the 7th is fantastic!

Hema and Becky said...

I can't believe that Josh hasn't been secretly reading them to you at night while you sleep or hiding them under your pillow hoping some of the Harry Potter love would seep into you!! I love them too!

parker rox alot said...

I guess they do kin of get better and better. My personel favs were 2,4,6,7though. 7 being the overall best!!! I wish there were more coming... but sadly there arent.

-parker