
I got this Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook as a wedding gift and I have relied on it so much! It's my favorite. Since I'm still new at the whole cooking thing, I have questions nearly every night as I make dinner. My immediate reaction to questions that arise in the kitchen is to frantically call my Mom. But if I can't get a hold of my Mom (or if I'm too embarrassed to call my Mom about simple things like mashed potatoes or gravy), then I resort to the Better Homes Cookbook! It's awesome. It ranges from simple hints to fancy recipes with ingredients that I've never heard of. Tonight we tried a thick chili with ground beef, all sorts of beans, onions, green pepper, garlic, canned tomatoes, and various seasonings. It was SO yummy. We'd been eyeing it in the cookbook for a while and I'm glad we finally tried it!
6 comments:
Laura I use mine all the time. It's so worn out that the binding has come off. I made a yummy pizza sauce out of it for the first time the other night, you are right it's a life saver. Can't wait to see you guys. good luck with finals.
I LOVE that cookbook also! It is the best ever and they have such great little tips...You are so adorable by the way!!!
We got that cookbook for our wedding too...but I haven't even opened it yet because we also got America's Test Kitchen Cookbook, which has been a good one, so I've just been using that. But, now that I know that the Better Homes & Gardens one is good, I will definitely have to open it up! Tell me your favorite recipes so we can try them out.
I got a much older version at my wedding and I still use it (17 years later!) The first dinner I ever cooked as a married couple was from that book- it was "Baked Fish with Mushrooms" I don't know if that is still in there but it was good!
Look at you! What a cute little wife! Remember all those fun cooking conversations we used to have? I love it! I was hoping you guys will be free on the 27th to come have dinner with us, and the newly weds Jane and Jacob. They have one night free to play while they are here. Let me know.
I love that cook book and use it too! There is always something yummy that I have all of the ingredients for at home! I love not having to go to the store! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment